Saturday, September 27, 2003

god damn life! well i'll get there. i mostly had a really good day.
school was school. not too bad, really. chemistry is getting really complicated and i'm so lost in there suddenly. we got assigned a research paper in english today but it isn't as intimidating as it would be because there are little dates she set up for us along the way, so it's not just like she's throwing us this huge assignment and saying "bring it in december." if that was what she did... i would've killed myself. and the topics are actually interesting surprise, surprise. i'm thinking about maybe doing beat poets or the one with e.e. cummings in it. or.. well a lot of things. anyway. i need to shut up about school because i hate it. and god knows you people don't want to hear about it. oh only one more thing. i hate that i'm enjoying algebra so far. it's completely against my morals. i remember in 9th grade when i started to UNDERSTAND math finally. i got good grades and then realized that i was enjoying the actual work, even though i tried to repress it. oh well. i guess i can't change that. but what's even more depressing to me, is that i know by the end of this year, i'll HATE math again, because of how shitty this year has been guaranteed to be by everyone i know who took the class last year.
i'm really hungry. brock i don't remember how much dinner was but remind me to pay you back. and i need to pay elizabeth for gas.
after school, i dawdled around with laylee and kevin, and then with robin and russell. then i remembered that elizabeth was my ride home and ran off to find her. she wasn't out front, and i ran to the elementary parking lot. however, she doesn't park there. so i ran into kevin and laylee again, who were also with becca, william, and a couple other kids. william actually offered me a ride home, too! can you imagine the content of that trek? wow it boggles me. eoiwaohgiopiewh. he really liked my voice though. yes, i'm STILL hoarse, how sick is that?! i've decided to never get rid of the voice, so i yelled a lot today. i'm not there yet. apogwihpowaihg i hate skipping ahead. damn me. okay.
well i found elizabeth and jenny eventually. elizabeth didn't know she was supposed to be my ride, although i thought that katherine had sort of asked her for me last night when we made our post-school plans? ah well. the three of us went to jenny's and hung out for a while. it was nice. we talked, and they worked on jenny's birthday present for rocio. i called brock and we talked for a while, because it's humanly impossible for me and brock to have a short phone conversation. this is a proven fact. eventually we realized it was like 4:45, which is when katherine had planned to meet us at shelby farms to fly kites! jenny was about to leave for rocio's party, so unfortunately she could not attend. elizabeth and i picked up brock around 5. we were pretty late getting to shelby farms, but luckily katherine had not been there long either. lauren henry and jackie douglas were supposed to meet us, too, but they never showed. i had a GREAT time. i mostly filmed everyone else doing things, and i hope we get at least one good shot out of the whole thing. i did a lot of art close-ups and whatnot. it was too fun. eventually they made me fly the kite a couple times, but i don't know that i was any good at it. i guess i'll find out once i see the film. the four of us tried to do some square dancing, but it was mostly unsuccessful because my counts were faster than brock's. and we also spun. i LOVE spinning. unfortunately, brock and i never last very long because of his faucets. it's cool, i love them. also, katherine filmed brock swinging me around by the arms twice, but she didn't get our really good time. i actually prefer hug-swinging, which we did once but was also not filmed. just would be so much fun to edit it as a group some time... and make a little short about our Day. how happy.
we got really hungry, and left to go to wendy's and subway. brock had to pay for me again because i've lost my purse somewhere in this hell house. he is way too nice. i told him no, he didn't have to pay for me, but he was going to order a kid's meal for me anyway if i didn't tell him what i wanted. he's too nice to me. anyway. we ate on a median and nearly got ran down by a smiling east-memphis mother. c'est la vie. BABELFISH THAT, MOTHERFUCKERS!
we tried to go through the carwash. i have incredibly bad luck with those things. last time i tried to go through one was with mom literally years ago. we somehow got stuck before we'd even gotten into that piece of shit and scraped up our old van. it was funny as sin, but mom now hates carwashes. so the stupid thing malfunctioned and we died and then it just refused to light up at all. it was really depressing because i'd been so excited. brock and i even got into the very back seat, to watch everything better. oh well. katherine had to be home by 7, so we just left at that point. elizabeth said i moved into the front seat very gracefully. woohoo me is full of grace, yo. i decided that i should start yelling a lot so that my voice never gets unhoarse, which i mentioned earlier. so when we realized that we had caught up to katherine on walnut grove, i had to lean out the window and yell all kinds of sporadic shit at her for like 5 blocks. it was exciting. "whatever happened to pong? i love screaming! the van behind you is watching barney." and my oh my did that mom give me an EVIL EYE. she and her purple van wanted me dead. it was awesome.
so elizabeth just took me and brock -- surprise, surprise -- back to my house. this is our new routine, i guess. we talked about going to see a movie, or a show, or a person, but we ended up just ... sitting around, for the most part. we hung out on my bed, doodled, watched a little tele, destroyed some school assignments, danced around, hosted an orgy, the usual. i feel bad for being so boring. oh well. it's brock's fault for putting himself in my company.
after his mom picked him up and i read his blog post, i went into a terrible state. and now i'm blogging and i am fine again, and i can't remember exactly why i was not happy. thank god it takes me forever to blog hahahaha. fuck me.

listening to: frank black - freedom rock

No comments: