Sunday, September 28, 2003

the following is a poem that brandon wrote when he was really stoned. it's made my day 10 times better, but now that brandon is gone and i have to go back to my room and my latin and my muses, i'm getting depressed again. oh well. maybe this will brighten your day.


Alanna, My Memphis

Elise tells me you've been skipping school
since you heard about John Ritter
and of course I've been meaning to call
but the phone's in the other room
and it's too damn hard to talk
to someone in mourning. Memphis,
you haven't left the mattress
in over a week and it scares
me. Memphis, it's time to brush
your teeth clean and forget.
Alanna, I'm coming back to Tennessee
and I'll meet you halfway,
the middle of your kitchen.
Remind me that I owe you a nap
in the coffee shop and I swear we won't move
till the waitress tries to kick us out
and you'll throw you hands to the ceiling
in protest and I'll hold your head to my breast
so you won't see John Ritter in the window
kissing Elise's open mouth.

No comments: