Thursday, July 18, 2002

try this trick and spin it

i watched part of amélie again while i ate my love pasta or whatever it's called. i will tell you now, that was the longest it has ever taken me to make packaged macaroni. first, there were no clean pots. so i had to wash one, no big deal. but to do so, i had to load the dishwasher because there was literally no room in the sink for anything. i was very pleased to discover that there was ONE bowl left. long story short, my pasta was invaded by ants, i missed most of the movie, and half the macaroni landed on the floor before i got a chance to eat it.
then dad came to take me away to the oral surgeon's before amélie was over. in the car, i was reading feed and i was telling him about this filet mignon farm, in the book, and a couple other things. and people that the author was compared to. my poor father. he's hardly read any of the classics. he just saw the movie. the oral surgery checkup itself was really wonderful. just because nothing happened. we spent a couple minutes in the waiting room. i read a little more in feed and dad read some money magazine. the people called me in and i listened to that horrible "sister christian" song. then mr. oral surgeon came and said that my mouth looks "great" and that one of the thingies is getting a lot of exposure. or something. which is good, as far as i can tell. and i told him that my mouth/teeth/whatnot still hurts/is tender and he said that it will continue to do that until i see the orthodontist. but i think that it will still hurt when i see the orthodontist becuase the orthodontist is an EVIL MAN. anyway, he told me to keep rinsing my mouth with sat water. so then we left. it was really easy. i discovered my father in the waiting room reading in the middle of my book. as it turns out, he'd gotten interested in it, and for my father, that means he read the last page. and apparently he didn't think it was much of an ending, so he read the page before that. and then the whole chapter, and the chapter before that. and he's crazy. (the chapters are not very long. you leave the man alone for five minutes...) to say the least, i HATE reading ahead and people who read ahead.
so he took me to turtle's and i had planned to spend my allowance on a new cd case. but they didn't have the kind i wanted which really sucks. i'm not that picky about them, believe me, but i wanted the long kind that holds. who knows. however many it holds. 48 or something? that really annoyed me that they didn't have ANY. they didn't have what i was looking for along the lines of UPCOMING BIRTHDAYS..... so i got surfer rosa by the pixies and whip-smart (used) by liz phair. for myself. let's see though. surfer rosa is ok, but i don't like it nearly as much as doolittle. well, at least not yet. you never know. it took me a while to get as into doolittle as i am right now, which is kind of why i ended up buying another pixies album today. i haven't listened to liz phair yet because i put it in the computer just now and it wouldn't register and it popped back out. and that worries me. i better go see if it plays elsewhere.
so soon i'm off to overton park with kevin and elise to see if the thing is actually happening. apparently no one is sure? or not about the time anyway. if the thing isn't actually happening, we're going to do other things.