Thursday, July 25, 2002

i'm supposed to pass this along.

"Hi, my name is Jillian Leggatt and I am a graduate student at the University of Windsor, in Ontario, Canada. I am trying to find Riot Grrrls, between the ages of 14 and 19 (currently living in North America) to participate in a study I am doing. I am looking at how exposure to different types of ideas about what it means to be a girl may influence the way that teenage girls feel and think about themselves. Participation in the study involves the completion of a questionnaire (either over the web or on paper) and it takes around 45 minutes.
Participating in this study will give you a chance to explore some of your thoughts and beliefs about yourself, society, and the importance of attractiveness. In addition, the results of this study may be used to help other girls and young women with problems they may have in these areas. If you do decide to participate, your name will be entered
in a draw to win $100US as a thank-you for your help.
If you (or anyone you know) is a female between the ages of 14 and 19 and are interested in participating, simply visit the web site at http://cronus.uwindsor.ca/jillian1. (please forward this message to anyone you know that fits the description). If you are under 18 I also need your parents to fill in a consent form. For legal reasons this consent form must be printed out and mailed to me.
You can also fill out a paper and pencil version of the questionnaire (then you can avoid tieing up your internet connection, the cost of mailing me a parental concent form if you are under 18, etc). I would be happy to send you a paper version of the questionnaire package as well as a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your to send it back. If you would prefer that just send your name and address to my e-mail address leggatt@uwindsor.ca or jleggatt1@cogeco.ca
You can also contact me via email if you have any other questions or comments about my study.
I am having some difficulty getting the number of people I need so even if you can't participate, please pass on this message to any female riot grrrls between the ages of 14 and 19 (currently living in North America).
Thank you very much for your time,
Sincerely, Jillian"

No comments: